Few dry cleaners in The NYC area have the benefit of over 100 years of garment cleaning and restoration. It is that sense of Old World tradition, modern techniques, and an appreciation of the history of garments in need of cleaning and restoration that makes Winzer the preeminent restoration resource. In short, our clients are comprised of the most discriminating New Yorkers, for whom only the best will do. As restoration professionals, we take especial pride in restoring and preserving bridal finery. This means that Winzer Cleaners truly offers the best wedding dress cleaning in NYC. Bar none. This is not an idle boast. With years of restoration experience, we are proud to be considered the ‘best of the best’. Our years of expertise are at your fingertips when engaging the restoration professionals found only at Winzer Cleaners.
What types of garments can we restore? Whatever prized possession of yours is in need of repair and preservation. Have you scored an authentic Hermes handbag, but its leather needs to be conditioned to restore its hue and suppleness? What about the threads that have become loose? We’ve mentioned wedding gowns, what about heirloom evening finery in the choicest silk or linen? Has the color faded or perhaps has what appears to be a set-in stain? We know of many savvy New Yorkers who haunt its trendy Downtown boutiques to collect and wear only vintage clothing from bygone eras. All these items require special care with the utmost attention to the smallest detail to not only restore their luster, but to extend their service lives and our clients’ pride of ownership.
Some of the techniques we employ are timeless yet take great patience as well as skill. Our team of restoration experts will carefully assess each garment or item, determine what is required, then work our magic to bring new life to your treasured items. Some of the skills we employ are:
- Repairs and alterations: buttons, buttonholes, zippers, findings, linings, seams, hems and more.
- Stain removal: the utmost care is employed to minimize the appearance of a stain including wine, grease, and oily stains without color fade or loss.
- Color enrichment: many faded fabrics can be restored with our careful processes.
- Whitening and brightening: heirloom wedding gowns, christening and Communion dress are our specialty!
- Deodorizing: musty odors often accompany vintage clothing that has been stored in trunks in attics and basements. We can remove most odors and refresh your garments!
- Texturizing: washing a dry clean only garment can flatten its nap. Winzer Cleaners experts can carefully restore it.
- Depilling: Hate those nubs? So do we! But there is a right and a wrong way to remove them.
- Restoring shrunken garments: Many a cotton, or rayon garment has been washed and heat dried. The result is shrinkage. However, Winzer Cleaners can restore many fabrics to their former dimensions. Allow us to assess if blocking the garment can be performed safely and if so, you and your wardrobe favorite will soon be reunited for many more seasons of wear!
You can trust Winzer with all your restoration challenges – old and new. Whether you require the best wedding dress cleaning in NYC, have years of dirt and grime removed from an embroidered Cepelia sheepskin coat, or need an heirloom Kilim rug restored to its former glory, bring your needs and your prized possessions to our attention. We’re simply the best of both worlds.
For Old World accommodation and customer service combined with skilled modern techniques, contact Winzer Cleaners for all your garment restoration needs!